We are Alberta’s premier and most active organization that addresses racism, and discrimination, and promotes intercultural understanding.
The Centre for Race and Culture has over 25 years of experience in education, research, and advocacy.
We welcome donations in any amount on a one-time or recurring basis. All donations will go directly to open access educational resources and programming that are research-based and ground tested. A $25 donation qualifies you for an annual membership and entitles you to vote at our AGM (held in June each year). A donation of $200 qualifies you for a lifetime membership.
Your donation will help to:
- Educate youth on social justice, anti-racism, and conflict transformation while teaching them how to teach their peers
- Equip adults with strategies and tools to deal with racism and discrimination in their lives and workplaces
- Develop important resources to help create more equitable learning environments for our children
- Provide professional development for adults on the effective management of our increasingly diverse workplaces
- Provide public education to increase understanding of the immigrant and refugee experience of many Canadians
- Host community events that work to spark change in Albertans
By making a tax-free contribution, you’ll help us continue to provide educational resources, conduct research, host events, and make changes in our communities. Let’s work together to create a society free of discrimination and racism.
Donate to the Leadership Program for Racialized YouthDonate to Leadership Program for Racialized Youth
The Leadership Program for Racialized Youth is a unique program that welcomes Youth (18-30 years) who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, 2SLGBTQIA+, Immigrants, or allies. Each cohort will have 25-30 participants and last 12-14 weeks. We hope to launch this 1st cohort with a theme of Indigenous Solidarity in Fall 2022!
This cohort will help participants…
- Learn about Indigenous Solidarity
- Build strong leadership & interpersonal skills to collaborate with Indigenous Nations & communities
- Gain knowledge about civic engagement to create meaningful change within Indigenous communities
- Promote intercultural understanding and equity for Indigenous Peoples
- Connect with professionals from different sectors, including Government, public service, Indigenous relations, and education
Your donation will go directly towards the delivery of this program to empower youth!
Donate to the CFRAC organization.Donate to CFRAC
Provide your support to Alberta’s premier and most active organization that works specifically against racism and towards equity. This donation will go towards our area of greatest need.
Donate securities or mutual funds to the CFRAC organization.Donate Securities to CFRAC
A donation of securities or mutual funds is the most efficient way to give charitably. Since capital gains taxes don’t apply, our charity receives the full fair market value when the security is sold, and you get a tax receipt which reflects your larger contribution. This allows you to give more and get more.
Donate to the Nehiyaw Language Program fundraiser.Donate to Nehiyaw Language Program
Through our language lessons, learners become empowered by learning ᓀᐦᐃᔭᐍᐏᐣ (Plains Cree language) using the traditional and historical way of language transmission.
This helps participants to reclaim and strengthen their own cultural and linguistic heritage while also ensuring the survival of this language. The program also provides opportunities for students to make connections with community leaders and elders during guest speaker visits.
We sincerely thank you for your support.
You can also send your donation in the form of a cheque to:
Centre for Race and Culture
9538 107 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 0T7
If you would like to talk with us about the different ways you can give (such as supporting a specific project, donating space, memorial giving, or legacy gifts), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We issue tax receipts for every gift received.