July 5, 2019
July 22, 2019
Location: Centre for Race and Culture office, Edmonton
Salary: Up to $50,000 per annum, plus benefits
Hours: Approximately 30 hours per week (0.8 FTE), some working from home can be arranged; Monday – Friday, occasionally required to work evenings/weekends. This is a one-year contract with the possibility of extension.
Application Closing Date: July 22, 2019 (we will screen applications as they come in)
Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found
The Centre for Race and Culture (CFRAC) works to promote and support individual, collective, and systemic change to address racism and encourage intercultural understanding. Our expertise spans workplace development, community building, research, and education. You’ll be doing work that matters alongside our diverse staff, board, and membership, and work towards an inclusive society free of racism.
As the main contact person of CRC Consulting, the social enterprise of CFRAC, the Lead Facilitator will lead the preparation, delivery and assessment of training and development for CFRAC and CRC Consulting’s clients. The incumbent will also effectively leverage internal expertise and external connections, as well as manage people and resources to successfully achieve projects’ outcomes.
Training Development and Delivery
- Map out training plans and schedules, design and develop training programs / proposals based on client organization’s training needs
- Create and produce training materials and new resources related to issues of social inclusion, social equity, anti-racism, and cultural competency
- Facilitate educational sessions on topics mentioned above
- Coordinate the design, launch, and promotion of the finished resource
- Develop project partnerships; manage project budget, monitor expenses
- Work collaboratively with staff and outside consultants to successfully prepare and deliver training programs
- Identify community engagement opportunities, represent the organization at special occasions
- Conduct research, produce reports and administer education policies and programs
- Support other CFRAC duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences; graduate degree/training would be preferred
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate); extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Strong knowledge in theory and practice of cultural competency, intercultural communication, the immigrant experience, the Indigenous experience, equity and anti-racism, anti-oppression
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must have a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in curriculum design and development, facilitating workshops and establishing cross-organizational collaborative partnerships
- 1-2 years of project management experience is a great asset
- Hands-on experience coordinating and delivering training events in a corporate setting, and have worked with e-learning platforms
- Supportive and empowering of stakeholders who are at all levels of understanding of the field
- Work effectively and respectfully with diverse communities
- Focus on outcomes and plan for results
- Focus on outcomes and plan for results
- Self-awareness – the ability to understand oneself and the impact that one’s perceptions and attitudes have on others
- Agility – function as a role model of how to effectively work through change and how to adapt your approach, even in times of uncertainty
- Self-starter – can work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment.
If you meet the qualifications and are passionate about working towards an inclusive society free of racism, then we welcome you to send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Lead Facilitator, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion” in the subject line. BadaB Consulting Inc. is our contracted HR service provider.
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.