March 20, 2019
April 15, 2019
The Centre for Race and Culture works to promote and support individual, collective, and systemic change to address racism and encourage intercultural understanding. Our expertise spans workplace development, community building, research, and education. You’ll be doing work that matters alongside our diverse staff, board, and membership, and work towards an inclusive society free of racism.
The Executive Director assumes a key leadership position and holds responsibility for carrying out assigned policies and regulations, and operationalizing the strategy set out by the Board of Directors, including the social enterprise – CRC Consulting. The E.D. also directs the implementation of the organization’s programs and initiatives, and is responsible for management of all staff, contractors and volunteers.
Location: Centre for Race and Culture office, Edmonton
Salary: Depending on education and experience
Hours: 35 hours per week, some working from home can be arranged; Monday – Friday, occasionally required to work evenings / weekends
Applications Closing Date: April 15, 2019 (we will screen applications as they come in)
Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found
- Strategic Planning and Leadership – Sets organizational goals and outcomes, in collaboration with the Board of Directors; evaluates and monitors progress of said goals and outcomes
- Program and Consulting Delivery – Monitors timelines, manages budgets and staff, ensures deliverables are met on time
- Operational Planning and Management – Oversees the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization; prepares Grant Proposals and Reporting
- Advocacy and Engagement – Builds strong working relationships with stakeholders; promotes broad awareness of systemic racism and equity approaches through events, campaigns and workshops
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of intersections of anti-racism, diversity, power, privilege and anti-oppression, demonstrated by education and experience
- Degree in Social Sciences, Cultural Studies, Humanities, Political Science, Education or other relevant fields
- Excellent critical analysis skills, verbal and written communication skills in multiple media formats (i.e. presentations, media interviews, articles for public, briefing notes)
- Experience in increasing awareness and/or mobilizing action on social justice issues with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience managing and working collaboratively with culturally and racially diverse teams
- Experiencing managing budgets, complex projects, and strategic planning
- 2 + years of senior leadership and grant writing experience
- Supportive and empowering of stakeholders who are at all levels of understanding of the field
- Work effectively and respectfully with diverse communities
- Self-awareness – the ability to understand oneself and the impact that one’s perceptions and attitudes have on others
- Focus on outcomes and plan for results
- Agility – function as a role model of how to effectively work through change and how to adapt your approach, even in times of uncertainty
Application submission details:
Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. The successful candidate will be required to provide references and undergo a satisfactory criminal record check prior to the commencement of employment.
If you meet the qualifications and are passionate about working towards an inclusive society free of racism, then we welcome you to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Director” in the subject line. BadaB Consulting Inc. is our contracted HR service provider.
Only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.