May 26, 2019
Position: Communications and Marketing Assistant, Temporary Part-Time
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary: $19.50 – $21.50 per hour, depending on education and experience
Hours: 28 hours per week, flexible schedule
Applications Closing Date: May 26, 2019
Start Date: June 4 2019
End Date: 30 August 2019
|* Please note that this position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant.
Applicants must be:
The Centre for Race and Culture works to promote and support individual, collective, and systemic change to address racism and encourage intercultural understanding. Our expertise spans workplace development, community building, research, and education. Join our diverse staff, board, and membership, and work towards an inclusive society free of racism.
CFRAC is searching for a student who is passionate about social justice to join our team for the summer!
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications and Marketing Assistant will:
- Contribute to the revision and implementation of an organizational communications plan, to ensure we communicate effectively and inclusively.
- Contribute to the revision of organizational marketing and branding plans and initiatives.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop creative outreach programs that will increase visibility and growth of CRC consulting services and offerings.
- Collaborate with staff on strategies and development for various marketing communications channels and web presences including electronic/social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram), newsletter, organizational websites and print material.
- Contribute to the preparation of media talking points, and other written communications materials.
- Create content for website updates, social media posting, and email campaigns.
- Contribute to the creation of fact sheets and other visual information tools on topics including race, bias, and intersectionality, to advance our public education and outreach goals.
We are looking for someone with the following skills, knowledge, experience, and interests:
- Experience in the creation of digital content and use of a range of software including website content, social media content, electronic newsletter content, and development of content per print.
- Experience in fields such as media/film studies, communications, theatre arts, and/or the social sciences/cultural studies.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to independently work through a project plan and achieve deliverables assigned to you.
- Experience in issues related to social justice, racism, cultural studies, colonization, and/or human rights.
- Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively.
- Creative problem-solving and the drive to produce results.
This is a great opportunity to apply your academic, community, and/or personal knowledge and experience to a practical setting, with plenty of opportunities to expand your skill set.
CFRAC provides a flexible and supportive workplace environment. We believe in an equitable and inclusive workforce and encourage qualified candidates of all backgrounds to apply. A robust orientation and work plan will be created for the position in collaboration with the successful candidate.
This position will report directly to and will be mentored by the Executive Director.
How to apply:
Please send a résumé and cover letter highlighting your skills, knowledge, experience, and interests and how they align with the job duties of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Job” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, May 26th, 2018. Please note that only successful candidates will be notified and required to provide references. We anticipate that interviews will take place for this position between May 27-31, 2019.
Note: A satisfactory police security clearance is a condition of employment.