Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace is an interactive online course for employers that use questions and practical examples to help employers understand the concepts of diversity and inclusion, and how to apply these concepts to the workplace and organization. It aims to raise awareness about the value immigrants bring to the workplace, and the benefits of a diverse workplace in improving business opportunities.
Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace has been developed to support Alberta employers recruit, retain and integrate immigrants. The course addresses the many advantages and benefits of having a diverse and inclusive workplace including:
Themes addressed in Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace include:immigration and the changing face of Canada;
- expanded access to a variety of skillsets, talents and knowledge;
- new connections with potential markets, both local and abroad; and
- increased access to fresh perspectives that lead to innovative and creative solutions.
- diversity in Canada;
- intercultural communication;
- steps to achieving cultural awareness;
- the benefits of hiring immigrants;
- tapping into new markets and fresh perspectives;
- welcoming new Canadians into workplaces;
- building and creating an inclusive and equitable organization; and
- dealing with resistance to organizational change.
Access the interactive online diversity training for employers
Bamboo Shield Curriculum
Bamboo Shield is a program developed by the Centre for Race and Culture (CRC) to provide support and build resiliency for immigrant and refugee youth with multiple challenges.
Download the Bamboo Shield curriculum
Order a professionally printed, color, coil bound copy for $35 per copy + $10 for shipping & handling here
Participate in the on-line course for facilitators and teachers here
Request train-the-trainer sessions
You’ve got the curriculum, you’ve taken the on-line course, now what?
This one-day workshop is intended for facilitators or teachers who plan to implement Bamboo Shield. It will review some practical approaches to course implementation, instruction on cultural competency, and how to know the course is successful.
Sessions and/ or coaching will be arranged through organizations or schools for a fee.
Please contact Charlene Hay at email@example.com or 780-425-4644
Provides further education and resources in the area of migration to Canada to help build a more in-depth awareness and knowledge about the experiences, barriers and challenges newcomers face.
Find out more and download the Karibuni Manual here